Glass Repair Terms
Additional Terms of Business for vehicle glass repair services
1. In the course of repair, glass may crack beyond repair through no fault of Our technician. You acknowledge that risk. If that happens We will not charge you for any attempted repairs. We will recommend that You contact a windscreen replacement company (such as Autoglass / National Windscreens / RAC Windscreens) to replace the glass. If the vehicle in your possession does not belong to You, We advise that the owner claims windscreen replacement costs through their motor insurance. An excess will be payable by the owner/policy holder, although the claim generally does not affect any no-claims bonus. Whether You proceed with a replacement or not, You agree that paragraph 2 below shall apply.
2. You agree to be responsible for the full cost of any glass replacement work on Your vehicle (or the vehicle in Your possession). You acknowledge and agree that We will not be held liable for any costs arising from any unsuccessful glass repair.
3. The visibility of a repair to glass depends on the nature of the damage at the time of repair. You acknowledge and agree that We will not be held liable if You are not happy with the look of Our repair, and that we reserve the right to charge you at the prevailing rate.
4. You acknowledge and agree that We will not be held liable for any costs arising due to cracks occurring as a result of any warranty work, or because of repairs carried out on previously untreated chips on the same windscreen.
5. The performance of some heated windscreens can be affected by glass chip repairs depending on the severity of the damage. You acknowledge and agree that We will not be held liable for any costs or performance issues arising as a result of any glass chip repair.
6. By undertaking our services You agree that You we will have no claims on Us to reimburse or compensate You for loss of income, loss of use of Your vehicle, costs or expenses incurred from loss of use of Your vehicle, loss of business or profits or pure economic loss or indirect or consequential loss suffered by You as a result of Our work. Your statutory rights are not affected.
7. These Terms of Business for Glass Chip Repairs applies to all customers of Automotive Repair Systems Limited, including the Motor Trade Industry.