We are the UKs largest Independent supplier of SMART Automotive Repair Services.
Operating from the group’s main office and distribution centre in Orpington, Kent, our centralised team, consisting of accounts department, purchasing department, research and development team is complemented by the sales & marketing department.
We are now looking to recruit a permanent full-time Health and Safety Officer to join our team.
- Salary of £35,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
- Company car.
- Working hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
(with scope to start and finish earlier)
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Maintain existing Health & Safety policies, procedures, and ensure rules and regulations are adhered to, regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Devise the HS&E input for management meetings.
- Work closely with the HR Manager and Operations director to promote a safety driven culture.
- Be visible throughout the Company to ensure that safe working practices are being followed.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work.
- Develop and deliver Health and Safety Inductions, training packages and competency testing to employees throughout the sites.
- Ensure each site has sufficient First Aiders and Fire Wardens who are known throughout the business
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, and investigated as per statutory requirement
- Co-ordinate Occupational Health schedules to ensure that health surveillance tests are carried to meet requirements
- •Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed.
- Conduct Face Fit testing in accordance with current legislation.
- Carry out breathable air quality tests at all locations (and mobile) in accordance with current legislation / ACOP (BS EN12021)
- Advise on the selection and issue of appropriate PPE / RPE
- Preferably NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified, or equivalent;
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development;
- Experience of implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures;
- Confidential in all matters;
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements;
- A strong communicator able to foster and maintain excellent working relationships;
- Innovative and pro-active, seeking ways to constantly improve;
- Positive attitude possessing high levels of commitment and motivation;
- Clean valid driving licence;
- Membership of IOSH or equivalent
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.